The Teaching Professor of Accounting and Financial Analysis will be a core member of a teaching group for courses of accounting and financial analysis, which include Principles of Accounting, Risk Management, Corporate Finance, Investments and Financial Market, Investment Banking, Money and Banking, Behavioral Finance and Economics, and International Finance. Apart from curriculum design, classroom teaching and test-based assessment, the Professor will
● Design curriculum goals and evaluation criteria;
● Provide mentorship and oversight to students by advising them on lessons and monitoring their homework progress;
● Develop and maintain an effective network of industrial expertise and links that can provide course-related workshops, talks, company visits and practicums; and
● Develop and update course materials and lecture plans with SEM teaching team or other faculty from collaborative partners.
The Teaching Professor is also expected to play an active role in supporting activities in the School by
● Participating (and teaching) in larger sections of other accounting and corporate finance curriculum;
● Helping design and implement programs to support and promote creativity and innovation in the school community;
● Supporting extracurricular initiatives to nurture student academic knowledge in accounting field; and
● Fulfilling any other requirements as requested by the Dean.
● A Ph.D. Degree (in accounting or corporate finance field) from a reputed institution
● Bilingual (Chinese/English) competence in communication
● At least three years of relevant teaching experience (with success in college-level teaching and/or executive education)
● Skills of coaching groups of students and mentoring on an individual basis
Application Procedure: Qualified applicants are invited to submit (in English) a cover letter, a CV, a statement of teaching philosophy, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and at least two reference letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can apply online through our recruitment system. We provide very competitive salary and benefits for this post.
Deadline: Open until the position is filled.