Ref. No: #19201-IDS01
The City University of Macau is now inviting applications for the following position:
- Assistant Professor in Mathematics
City University of Macau is a private but not-for-profit institution. As a comprehensive university in Macau, the University offers an array of Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degree programs as well as professional courses. It is dedicated to academic excellence and strives to provide students with a rich learning experience that will open their door to the international scene through its continuous expansion of global partnerships. The University upholds its mission to nurture outstanding talents and deliver applicable programs that will serve the evolving needs of Macau and the wider region.
To participate in the University’s teaching activities, specifically in the following disciplines:
- Mathematics related areas, including Discrete Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Linear Algebra, Relations and Groups;
- Statistics related areas, including Data Mining, Statistics Learning, or Nonparametric Statistics;
- Applied Statistics related areas, including Design and Analysis of Experiments, Data-driven Sampling Methods, Applied Regression Analysis, or Programming in Statistics.
- Candidates should possess a Doctoral degree in related areas.
- Proven records of successfully developing research projects.
- Evidence of strong publication potentials in the expertise areas.
- Evidence of good university-level teaching performance.
- Excellent command of Mandarin and English.
- Excellent commitment to the teamwork of the Institute and University.
The remuneration and appointment rank offered will be competitive and commensurate with the successful applicants’ academic qualifications, current position and professional experience. The compensation/benefits are competitive. The current local maximum income tax rate in Macao is 12% but will be effective around 5% - 7% after various discretionary exemptions. In addition, University provides both medical benefits and accumulation funds for full-time staffs with different appointment ranks.
Interested parties please send his/her full resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Human Resources Office) or send the application by mail to the Human Resources Office, 2/F Administrative Building, Avenida Padre Tomas Pereira Taipa, Macau on or before July 15, 2019.
Review of applications and nominations will commence immediately. Applicants may consider their applications unsuccessful if they were not invited for an interview within 3 months of submission. The successful candidate is expected to assume the position as soon as possible.
**Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.**